Rain Sensor Accessorised Windscreens
- Some vehicles are fitted with a rain sensor which automatically turn your wiper blades on and off when it rains, providing the switch is turned on in the vehicle.
- Some vehicles may have additional sensors for light or rear vision or reversing camera.
If your vehicle has a sensor it is located in this area of the windscreen.
- As the light or rain blocks the sensor located on the windscreen the sensor activates either the wipers, head lights or adjusts your mirrors accordingly. Some vehicles also may have camera accessories and heated or arial attachments in the windscreen.
- Rain and light sensors can come in many shapes and forms tha look like the below pictures.
- Also this is a standard windscreen showing NO sensor accessory….
the rearvision mirror and no additional componenets attached to the glass.
- When raindrops hit the windscreen the sensor activates the wirper blades.
- If you have a light sensor when it gets dark the headlights become activated and switch on automatically. Refer diagram.
- If your vehicle has a built in Camera mounted to the glass you may have to have the vehicle re-calibrated and this can be arranged through the vehicle dealership at the same time SPEEDY Autoglass replace your windscreen.
For further information please send us a picture or your vehicle windscreen or give us a call on 1800 138 007 or pop into store at Helensvale for a FREE Inspection.